Skip to main content

My DIY Wedding invites, bouquet and cake



Just thought I would post a few pictures of my latest endevour - Our Wedding "on a budget". If you have ever tried to price out the cost of getting married. You would know the that it is ridicously expensive. So with a budget of 2000 and my own hands here are some examples of what can be accomplished with the help of your local Dollar store. I had and idea of where I wanted to go with this wedding but color choces were pretty much left up to what I could find on sale. Colors ended up being Teal and Black

1. Invitations - Being a craft person, I did utilize some basics that I always have on hand: glue, white copy paper, Scissors. I did have to go out and purchase Card stock, ribbon, and a rubber stamp.
1. Get a piece of White card stock and stamp your image that you will be using for the front cover
2. I found the image for the invitations for free off the internet printed them off on a sheet of 8.5 * 11 Copy paper. This will give you a guide line on how large you want your programs to be.
3.The wording once cut out measured 5*7 take this measurement double it and add 1 inch all the way around. Cut your Black card stock to size. Do Not discard paper scraps!!!
4. Use the black card stock measurements to cut your white card stock for the body of the card.
5. Time to pull out the stamp work you originally did and cut these down to the size you want to use for the front of your card. Back this with a scrap piece of black card stock.
6. Cut the ribbon long enough so that to can be rolled over the card- dont worry about getting it exact as it will be hidden by the card stock.
7. Time to assemble Lay the printable on the black cardstock glue down. Fold and affix the ribbon to the left side on the top only. Glue the white card stock to the black card stock leaving a space at the botton - as you will have to lay the ribbon over the cover once assembled. Attach the stamp decor to the front, Roll over the ribbon and tuck it under the black card stock and glue. I also added return RSVP cards envelopes on the inside cover.

Gift Tags were treated in much the same way. A Sheet of blank business cards printed with out wedding information and affixed to a piece of the scrap Black card stock, and stamped. These were affixed to a ribbon and tied around my Home-made Salsa.




Our bouquets and boutounierres were made from a feather boa,floral pics, floral tape. wire, gems and ribbon.
Take lengths of wire aprox 12-18 inches if you mix the sizes up it looks alot better. I used aprox 30 for the bridal bouquet and 15 for the Matron of honor bouquet. Wrap wire around the bead and tack with a dab of hot glue. Cut feather boa in lengths of aprox 5 inches, fold in half and wrap floral pic wire around ends. Line up the ends of the wire and start wrapping the boa pics and crystaled wire together up by the top of the bouquet. When complete, fold up the wire at the bottom and wrap a pretty ribbon to hide all the imperfections.
I also made our wedding cake. Please take into consideration that I have never done a tiered cake nor a cake with fondant. A little off center but overall dont think it turned out to bad. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIY Crayon costume for Halloween

Halloween is my favorite time of year. We spend weeks getting our yard and home decorated all for the night when the little ghosts and goblins come out to play. ;) B started school this year and within her school, they don't do a Halloween per say, they have an orange and black day. So in order to kill 2 birds with one stone, we decided that she is going to be an orange crayon. So with an old t-shirt and a little black felt fabric, this is what I came up with. I think it turned out Awesome! And the best part is that it was a no-sew project. Supplies needed:  1 t-shirt in the size required. 1 box of orange fabric dye (because they didn't' have any orange t-shirts in her size) 1 wooden spoon 1 large container for dying remnant black fabric. I used black felt because that is what I had on hand. 1 pattern for the Crayola font - I used this one Crayola pattern  and made the size adjustments accordingly when I was printing it out. For the crayon label banding, I just wi

Mushroom Christmas Ornaments Inspired by Twine Balls

Inspired by some twine ornaments that I made up last week. 6 of these in 3 differant sizes for under $3 Gotta love that :) So I thought I would carry that rustic whimsy tree theme we have going this year and make up some wee-folk inspired mushroom ornaments. These are so very simple to make. What you need: styrofoam balls twigs or dowels cut to 1.5 inch long twine beads - any color small scrap of ribbon glue gun Step 1: Cut aprox 1/3 off the bottom of the ball Step 2: Fold ribbon in 1/2 and insert into a small hole in the top for hanging, glue the twig into the bottom. Step 3: Starting at the top, glue a starting point with your twine. and start wrapping glueing as you go. Keep wrapping all the way under the cap. Once you get to the bottom just cut, tuck and glue. Step 4: Add your embellishments. I simply glued some med sized beads for a little color, But you could go in with some acrylic paint and also add color that way. I found these cute ladybug thumbtacks and thought

Halloween Haunt - DIY Rotting Flesh/ Corpsing prop tutorial

Here is one of the techniques I use to attain the rotting flesh look on cheap plastic dollar store Halloween props.  Supplies you will need: plastic body parts or skeletons cheap plastic wrap - it doesn't matter what brand  heat gun or high-temperature hairdryer wood stain ( I used oak because that is what I had laying around) spray paint ( red and black) craft paint (red, black, dark brown, white, grey and green)   First, wrap your cheap skulls or bones in a few layers of plastic food wrap. It doesn't matter what brand. Then take your heat gun and melt areas away until you get your desired look. Some hairdryers may not be able to get hot enough to do this. Then take your wood stain and start adding a little colour.  Color choices are completely up to you but i used red, flesh, dark brown, black, white, grey. On the skull, I added some black spray paint in the hallows of the eyes to add a little more dimension.  Hope this inspires you to try a new prop id